Is the QuickBooks accounting software bothering you too much? The time has come when you can confront the QuickBooks Error 80070057 with ease. Since we are going to give you some handful troubleshooting tips along the full view of the problems that cause this annoying QuickBooks error. Go through the article and remove the problem.
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software globally. Having some useful products to back every business accounting needs QuickBooks has built a large user-base. With QuickBooks installed to manage the business accounting we simply don’t have to spend the extra penny on hiring an accountant. It makes things not only comfortable but also convenient.
Apart from all of these great from QuickBooks, it has some issues that can intervene from time to time. The problem with QuickBooks is quite apparent after all its another software and not impervious to glitches. Nevertheless, let’s concentrate on the reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 80070057.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 80070057?
There can be various reasons because of which you might be facing the error. Well, the following are the most basic one,
- QuickBooks unable to read the company file
- Problems with the QuickBooks’ Windows File Extension like .QBM, .QBB, or .QBX
- Some third-party firewall is blocking QuickBooks
- You might be trying to work on a file which is stored on some other drive
- You are trying to open a portable file without opening the QuickBooks
- QuickBooks installation is not proper
So, now you know the reasons behind the problem you were facing. Let’s discuss the troubleshooting steps!
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Before going into the solution let’s aware you of the fact that performing this steps needs a good computing knowledge. If you have a clear idea of Windows System Files and some other advanced troubleshooting procedure only then you should go with the steps below. Unless it will be better to take help from the experts. It is not necessary that everyone has to be an expert in every field. So, if you don’t feel confident enough to perform this steps at your own don’t hesitate. Just ping us once we take care of the issue you are facing.
However, if you are one of them who have a better computing knowledge here are the steps you can proceed with to fix the QuickBooks Error 80070057.
Verify The Company File Name Extension
- At first, Right-click on the company file
- Then Choose properties
- Now Click on the QuickBooks tab
- Then, take a note of the file extension in the Filename field and QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file
- Finally, click on OK
Problem with the filename extension? You must change the extension. Following steps will guide with that.
Change The Extension
- Firstly, Create a new folder
- Then Copy the company file and paste it into a new folder
- After that, Right-click on the new folder and choose Rename
- Now, Change the file extension to .qbm
- Then, to save changes click anywhere
- Next, Restore the Portable by opening QuickBooks Desktop
- If you are facing problem while opening QuickBooks, rename the extension to .qbb
- Open QB desktop and Restore the Backup
- If the file does not open, rename the extension to .qbx
- Now, Open QB Convert to an Accounting copy
Transfer the Company File into a Flash drive
- At first, open the Windows Explorer with opening QuickBooks Desktop
- Then, Go to the “File” option, Right-click and select the New Folder
- Now, Copy the “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive and paste it in a new folder
- Finally, open QuickBooks Desktop and open a new folder
Anyway, we are left with a very little word to say about QuickBooks Error 80070057. The troubleshooting steps will work on most of the occasions. If those methods do not work or you find it tough to proceed with those. Let us know here through the comment box mentioning your contact detail such as email id. We will get back to you.